- Cover exposed edge with AZEK Trim or AZEK Deck rim joist cover. Refer to AZEK Trim or AZEK Deck
Installation Guidelines for proper installation of trim or rim joist cover.
- Picture frame the entire porch using AZEK Deck 1" x 5 1/2" as a border. If this option is desired, layout
porch accordingly to accommodate variance in spacing and height.
- Attach AZEK Moulding to exposed edge.
- AZEK Porch may be used for stair treads. AZEK Deck 1” x 5 1/2” may also be used. AZEK Deck
rim joist cover, AZEK XLM Riser or AZEK Trim can be
used to trim out the risers.
- To meet AC174 requirement, install stair stringers at a maximum of 11” on center.
- Some codes may require specific framing or structural requirements. Check with your local code authorities
pertaining to specific stair requirements.
Care and Maintenance
To keep AZEK Porch looking its best:
- It is recommended that you wash your porch periodically with ordinary household products to remove
stains, dirt and debris.
- To remove rust stains, use a household cleaner such as Krud Kutter “the must for rust”.
- Avoid the use of rubber-backed mats, tarps, pool toys, and other non-porous items on the porch for an
extended period of time as these items may cause discoloration to the porch surface.
- Some products, such as sunblock and insect repellent, contain chemicals that may alter the surface of AZEK
Porch. Check product labels and consult with the manufacturer as to product compatibility with plastic
materials, such as AZEK Porch, prior to use on or near AZEK Porch.
- Do not get any PVC glue or similar product on the surface of an AZEK Porch as it may discolor and permanently
damage the AZEK Porch surface.
For ice removal:
- Most products containing calcium chloride can be used without damage to the porch surface. These products
may leave a white residue which can be cleaned using the cleaning guidelines above.
- Metal shovels may damage the surface of AZEK Porch and are not recommended for clearing snow from the porch
(These guidelines may not cover every care and maintenance scenario encountered. For additional questions about
care and maintenance, call (877) ASK-AZEK.)
AZEK Building Products are made exclusively from technologically advanced materials designed to
provide years of enjoyment. AZEK Porch products are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty for residential
applications and a 20-year Limited Warranty for commercial applications. The warranty covers defects resulting
in blistering, peeling, fl aking, cracking, splitting, cupping, rotting or structural defects from termites or