|Rail Lighting Installation Guide
|Installing In-Deck Light
|In-Deck Light should be installed in a low foot-traffic area.
In-Deck Light can only be used when there is room under the deck to access the wires to make all the connections.
- Locate and mark the centerline of the deck plank where the In-Deck Light will be mounted.
- On the desired point of the centerline, use a 1" spade bit to create a through hole (be sure not to drill into the substructure.)
- Guide the light's wire into the through hole.
- Push the lighting fixture into the through hole until the flange touches the deck surface.
- The wire connections can then be made under the deck's surface.