|HOW TO INSTALL STANDARD RAILING
>> TREX TRANCEND RAILINGS ARE DESIGNED TO BE INSTALLED OVER THE DECKING FRAME OR INSIDE OF RIM JOIST, NOTCHING OF
PRESSURE-TREATED POSTS OR POST INSTALLED ON THE OUTSIDE OF RIM JOISTS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
>> All Trex Transcend Railing lengths are manufactured ON CENTER dimensions (spanning from center of each post):
67-5/8" for 6' on center, and 92-5/8" for 8' on center. Note that railings are designed to be slightly longer than
required to allow for very slight play in post placement - some minimal trimming may be required. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT
TO MEASURE FIRST.
Read all instructions BEFORE installation.
Important: Post sleeves are NOT to be cut for this design style.
|Installing Pressure-Treated Posts
- Posts are to be installed 6' or 8' on center to accomodate railing length.
- Attach posts using ½" carriage bolts.
- Minimum joist size is 2x8.
- Top bolts must be 1" from tops of joists.
- Bottom bolts must be 5-1/8" from top bolts.
NOTE: Blocking can be added for extra strength.
|Installing Post Sleeve Skirts and Post Sleeves
|| Slide post sleeve skirt over post and down to rest on decking surface. Slide post sleeve over post and
position inside post sleeve skirt.
Installing Railing Support Brackets (RSBs)
|| Mark 5-1/2" and 35-1/16" from deck surface OR for 42" height, mark 5-1/2" and 41-1/16" from the deck
|| Place RSBs directly under the marks, center on posts, and secure with 2" wood screws (provided with post sleeve).
Place top RSBs flat side UP, bottom RSBs flat side DOWN.
|| Measure between posts and cut rails
to same length.
- If using optional rail gaskets subtract 1/16" from each end.
- Attach baluster spacers to railings before cutting to allow for cleaner cut and less work.
- When measuring, cut equal lengths from each side of railing and baluster spacer to ensure equal spacing of balusters
per each railing section.
- In some cases, the gasket can be attached before tighting railing to RSB.
- If gaskets are tight, use a small flat head screwdriver to compress the tabs of the gasket if they are stuck outside
Attaching Bottom Rail (Universal Rail) and Foot Block
NOTE: FOOT BLOCKS COME WITH SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO ATTACH RAILINGS - ALSO REFER TO THESE INSTRUCTIONS
|| Center foot block in universal rail channel or on beveled bottom rail and attach. DO NOT
extend foot block.
|| Lift bottom rail so RSBs are in the channel and attach with self-tapping screws (provided).
|| Telescope foot block down and screw through opposite sides. Place screw plugs.
Placing Baluster Spacers and Balusters
|| Cut baluster spacers the same length as rails, equally spaced so holes line up.
|| Snap baluster spacer into bottom rail. Place inverted baluster spacer on top of first baluster spacer.
Place balusters in baluster spacer holes.
Attaching Top Rail - Crown Rail
|| Place crown rail on RSBs with balusters in rail channels. Attach top rail to RSB with two
self-tapping screws (provided).
|| Slide baluster spacer up and snap into top rail. Place optional top rail gaskets on each end
|| Secure post cap with silicone or PVC adhesive.
NOTE: Clean up any excess adhesive before drying