||ALWAYS consult local codes before begining a project.
||ALWAYS USE TREX TRANSFORMER ONLY. Use of any other transformer voids warranty.
|TRANSFORMER CAPACITY BY TYPE
|Type of Light
(2.5 DL TRANSFORMER)
|Above listing is for maximum number of individual types of lights.
If mixing and matchin lighting, contact Trex to determine if more than one
transformer is required.
NOTE: When designing your deck, plan locations of lights, power supply, timer and dimmer. These should be
accessible for service. Installing a GFCI outlet is REQUIRED to help prevent damage to lighting from electrical
- The dimmer remote will work in a 30' radius
of the unit
- Dimmer should be installed in a dry location
- Timer must be installed vertically with receptacle
facing downwards. Timer must be at least 1' from ground level when installed as per federal safety code height regulations.
Timer must be in view of the sun to use the dusk/dawn feature.
NOTE: It is recommended to install wiring and splitters before decking and railing have been installed.
||Use male-to-male wire (lengths vary) that will
connect to each required splitter.
- Wiring must be run under decking structure and behind strings. DO NOT run wires between deck boards and
joists. Staple to frame with cable staples at least ¼" wide. DO NOT crush wire insulation with staple.
- Wiring can be run under deck and behind risers. Staple to frame with cable staples at least ¼" wide. DO
NOT crush wire insulation with staple.
- Remove 5' lead wire that is connected to post cap and attach wire to post with male connection at top of post where
railing brackets or deck rail lights will be installed. Leave approximately 6" of lead at top to make connections.
Staple to frame and posts with cable staples at least &fracc14;" wide. DO NOT crush wire insulation with staple.
- Install splitters to inside of framing using hardware
provided. Install at every post base where lighting is present and depending on spacing between each riser and recessed
- Attach male lead from lights to female connections on splitter.
Also attach male-to-male connection wires in between each
splitter. Continue until all wiring from lights are attached
to splitters and connector wires are attached in between
- Cap off all unused female connections on splitters using caps provided or weather-resistant silicone.