|TRANSFORMER CAPACITY BY TYPE
|Type of Light
|Above listing is for maximum number of individual types of lights.
If mixing and matching lighting, contact Trex to determine if more than one
transformer is required.
||Each Trex Spotlight requires use of a
dedicated 36V Step-up Transformer. WARNING: Step-up Transformer DOES NOT have a fault
protection, thus care must be taken if testing.
||Spotlights must use a dedicated line running directly from the included 36V Step-up
transformer. Maximum of seven spotlights are allowed per one 5-amp transformer. (NOTE:
Must use two 5-way splitters if installing
six or seven spotlights to single 5A transformer as 5-way splitter is designed for up to five spotlights.)
Spotlights have a male lead and require the use of a female-to-female
adaptor to connect spotlight to connector
wire. The spotlight fixture has a male lead.
Install the extension cable accordingly. DO NOT mix any other lights on the spotlight circuit. Applying
36V to any other fixture types will result in very short diode life and will void warranty.
||DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY INTO SPOTLIGHT WHEN ON - THIS LIGHT IS VERY STRONG.
- Locate placenent of spotlights and lead wiring. Plan accordingly if you choose to bury wire under
concrete or other permanent structures.
- Connect male lead from light to female to one end of female adaptor.
- Connect opposite end of female adaptor to male connector wire.
Choose appropriate length wire based on your needs. Run all wire on the surface back to the location of the
- Connect opposite end of male connector wire cable to female end on Step-up Transformer. If ysing more than one
spotlight, use 5-way splitter on Step-up Transformer.
Wire the Step-up Transformer or 5-way splitter to the 5A main transformer.
- If using an optional dimmer (recommended),
simply place the dimmer between the 5-way splitter
and the main transformer.
- Test lights to ensure power supply, connections, and light fixtures all work properly and placement is
- Ensure that all unused connections on 5-way splitter
are covered using weather resistant silicone.
Ensure that lights are all working with all wiring attached prior to burying any wire. No more than 1"-3" is required.