|TRANSFORMER CAPACITY BY TYPE
|Type of Light
(2.5 DL TRANSFORMER)
|Above listing is for maximum number of individual types of lights.
If mixing and matching lighting, contact Trex to determine if more than one
transformer is required.
- Locate placement of lights and lead wiring. Plan accordingly if you choose to bury wire under
concrete or other permanent structures.
- Place all lights in desired location. If necessary use ¾" auger with optional extension in a drill to penetrate
the surface enough to ensure fixture if firmly planted.
WARNING: BEFORE ANY TREX LANDSCAPE LIGHTING IS INSTALLED, IT IS THE INSTALLERS RESPONSIBILITY TO
ENSURE THAT ALL UNDERGROUND UTILITIES/LINES ARE LOCATED (GAS LINES, ELECTRICAL LINES, DATA LINES, WATER LINES, ETC.)
PRIOR TO ANY WORK BEING DONE
- Run all wires from power source locations to the lights on top of the soil, being mindful to leave slack. Pay
special attention if using separate circuits with independent
dimmers (grouping lights by type is recommended).
- Connect all lights. Wire the optional dimmer
(recommended) between the main 20' transformer to male lead and the transformer for each circuit. Ensure connections
(including splitters), fixtures, and power sources
all work properly.
- Use male-to-male extension cables to make connections
to splitters (all sold separately). Cap off all unused
female connections on splitters using caps provided or weather resistant silicone.
- You can mix and combine all lights except the spotlight on the same circuit but make sure you DO NOT exceed the
maximum number of lights per transformer. If running
separate circuits with dimmers on each circuit, using
a separate transformer for each circuit can simplify installation. However, use of a
5-way splitter will allow for separate circuits on the
- It is recommended the installer preview light placement in the dark to ensure desired effect is achieved.
- Once the light, wire and splitter placement is finalized, work from the light fixtures towards the power source to
bury the wire to the desired depth. No more than 1"-3" is required.