|TIPS FOR INSTALLING TREX HIDEAWAY HIDDEN FASTENING SYSTEM
Installing Angled Deck Boards in Corners
ALWAYS start in corner with a small triangular piece of decking at 45° and work outwards.
Install Trex Hideaway Hidden Fasteners ½" off center to keep fastener screws in middle of joists.
How to Butt Seams
- Install 10" - 12" framing boards along joists where seams will butt.
- Place additional fasteners on the adjacent board over the joist and framing boards where the seam will be.
- Put the first board of the seam in place and secure with fastener.
- Butt end of second board to first and secure with fastener.
NOTE: Follow end-to-end gapping specifications
- Place second set of fasteners on each side of butt seam for next board
Routing Square Edge Boards for Trex Hideaway System
Using a Trex router bit/groove cutter
- Route from bottom edge of board
- Route the entire length of board, or at every intersection where board is over support joists.
NOTE: Hidden Fasteners MUST be used at every joist.
Basic Hideaway Fastener Installation
Decking Installation Page 2
Decking Installation Page 1
Trex Transcend Decking