|IMPORTANT EVERGRAIN® AND EVERGRAIN® ENVISION® PRODUCT INFORMATION
- Make safety of the workplace the prime consideration. Always wear the proper protective clothing and safety
equipment and adhere to all safety guidelines contained herein.
- MODIFICATION TO THE BOARD, OTHER THAN AS STATED IN THESE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (SUCH AS CUTTING TO LENGTH,
DRILLING FASTENER HOLE, ETC.) MAY COMPROMISE THE INTEGRITY OF THE BOARD WHICH COULD LEAD TO PREMATURE DEGRADATION.
- EverGrain and EverGrain Envision ("Envision") is specially made with natural board to board color variation.
Layout and view all boards prior to cutting and fastening to ensure the desired look is achieved.
- As with all walking surfaces, decking products located in higher traffic areas may show wear earlier than other
areas. Dragging furniture or other objects across the product will cause surface scratches.
- Discuss any desired material changes, including color issues, with the supplier prior to cutting or fastening the
decking to the structure.
- The weathering process for EverGrain and Envision decking products will vary due to region, climate, rain, sunlight
exposure, etc. Some variations in decking shade will appear due to weathering that will occur at the supplier’s
yard prior to shipment and due to different lots. For best results, use material from the same date code (stamped on
the bottom of boards) whenever possible.
- The color of EverGrain and Envision decking products will usually weather to a lighter shade after several months of
exposure to the environment. Color may vary across profiles.
- EverGrain and Envision decking have a more flexible feel than wood primarily during the heat of summer. This is a
natural condition that will not affect the ability of the decking to perform as warranted. For a more rigid feel,
reduce joist span spacing by 4”.
- EverGrain and Envision decking products must be installed in accordance with the installation instructions.
Deviations from these instructions may result in unsatisfactory performance, create a potential safety hazard and
may exclude coverage of your decking material under the limited warranty.
- EverGrain and Envision decking products must never be applied directly to any solid surface (concrete, membranes,
etc.) or in conjunction with systems where inadequate drainage or improper ventilation are found. There must be
proper ventilation and adequate air circulation underneath the deck to promote the evaporation of any water or
- Fire and other sources of excessive heat may damage EverGrain and Envision deck boards. Damage caused by fire or
other heat sources may include melting, sagging, warping, discoloration, charring, increased expansion or
contraction, accelerated weathering, etc.
- Low-E glass is one potential source of excessive heat because it is designed to reflect more sunlight than traditional
glass. This enhanced reflectivitycombined with any irregularity in the window glass can concentrate sunlight onto the
deck and cause heat build-up on areas of the deck surface. When this occurs, damage to EverGrain or Envision decking
is possible. Contact the manufacturer of the product which contains the Low-E glass for suggestions to reduce or
eliminate the reflected heat.
- Composite decking will retain heat when exposed to direct or reflected sunlight. Exercise caution if walking barefoot
as footwear may be required.
|LUMBER SIZES & DIMENSIONS
|1" x 6" (12', 16' 20') Evergrain and Envision
||15/16" x 5-1/2"
|12" Evergrain Skirting (12')
||1/2" x 11-7/8"
|12" Envision Skirting (12')
||7/16" x 12"
|All tolerances +/- 1/16"
|DECKING SPAN CHART
|Maximum center-to-center spans with a minimum of three joists are shown below. EverGrain
and Envision decking products must not be applied to a solid surface.
||Span* (up to 45°)
|1" x 6"
|* - Live Load Rating of 100 lb/sq.ft.
** - Continuous two-span installation
EverGrain and Envision decking have a more flexible feel than wood primarily during the heat of summer.
This is a natural condition that will not affect the ability of the decking to perform as warranted. For a more rigid
feel, reduce joist span spacing by 4". Decking must not be cantilevered (overhang edge of deck) because structural
support is required. EverGrain and Envision decking products are non-structural construction products. The decking
products must not be used as a structural member; including joists, load bearing columns, stringers, or beams.
For best results, add an additional joist at the butt joints to increase stiffness.
CUTTING & DRILLING
When working with EverGrain and Envision decking products, saw blades and router bits with carbide tips are recommended.
Saw blades must be sharp. The use of dull saw blades will result in damage to the outer layer of Envision boards. For
best results, use blades with two teeth per inch. To avoid clogging when drilling holes, frequently remove shavings by
raising the drill bit out of the hole.
Modification to the board, other than as stated in these installation instructions (such as cutting to length, drilling
fastener hole, etc.) may compromise the integrity of the board which could lead to premature degradation.
EverGrain and Envision decking and skirting products will expand and contract with changes in temperature. The amount of
expansion and contraction will vary depending upon board size and temperature. Smaller boards will expand less and larger
board sizes will expand more. When installing decking, side-to-side spacing must be a minimum of 1/8" between adjacent
|* End-to-end spacing between boards must be approximately 1/16" for every 20-degree increment of
temperature difference between the temperature during installation and the maximum expected summertime temperature
in your area.
+Butt joints of boards must be staggered. A sister joist must be utilized at the butt joint to provide a greater
* EXAMPLE: 80ºF at time of installation and a maximum expected summertime temperature of 100°F equals an
end-to-end spacing of 1/16".